With only 87 legislative session days scheduled for 2020 and elections taking center stage it’s hard to predict what will get done before the end of the year. None the less, HBAM has a number of issues we will be working on even though there’s no guarantee the Legislature will take them up before they adjourn Sine Die.
• Restoring the use of balanced, broad-based review committees for code promulgation
• Restoring the authority of State Construction Code Commission to issue binding code interpretations
• Examining elimination of 18-mill tax on undeveloped land
• Clarifications to Tax Increment Financing (TIF) laws to provide funding for housing
• Requiring communities to advance workforce housing policies to receive state economic development assistance
• Ending the use of construction costs to set permit fees